Hello Lovelies, it's soup time again and therefore I have a new recipe for you: easy carrot-lentil soup. The soup has only a few ingredients, is healthy, easy to make and is also very popular with the children. Especially for me a good opportunity to serve them more lentils, because one of my daughters doesn't like them that much. But in the delicious soup - no problem. The soup tastes very nice with fresh bread or croutons. If you would like it to be little more filling, you can of course also serve it with rice, quinoa or small noodles.
The color alone puts you in a good mood and is a bright spot on every gray day. In addition, the soup warms from the inside and provides us with healthy nutrients through the carrots and lentils, which bring us healthily through the winter and strengthen our immune system.
And here is the recipe for the easy carrot-lentil soup:
- 10 carrots ca. 500 g
- 2 onions
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 100 g red lentils (pre cooked)
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp turmeric
- Peel the carrots and cut into slices
- Finely chop the onions and fry them in olive oil
- Add the carrot slices and fry briefly
- Deglaze with the vegetable stock
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add the pre-cooked lentils (put 2-3 tablespoons aside as an insert). Simmer for another 10 minutes until the carrots are soft
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and turmeric
- Puree the soup, if you like you can refine it with a little vegan cream
- Serve with the lentils, fresh pepper and cress
You can of course refine the soup as you like and e.g. Fry the fresh ginger and turmeric with the onions. Or you can add a dash of coconut milk to the soup, it offers so many possibilities. This time, however, I deliberately kept it very simple because the children love to eat it.
Do you like soups so much and do you have real soup lovers at home? My two love soups very much, especially this minestrone, but of course also this pumpkin or sweet potato soup - it's my absolute favorite! Be sure to try it out - you can find all the soups here.
If you have Pinterest, you can find me here and you can pin one of these pictures:
This post is also available in: deutsch