Hello lovelies, I have a new delicious recipe for you: pumpkin curry with chickpeas and mie noodles.I’m very thrilled that this recipe is a result of a renewed collaboration with Alnatura*. The curry with pumpkin and chickpeas is super quick to make and the perfect comfort food – now that it has cooled off appropriately for the beginning of autumn. I promised you lots of pumpkin recipes of all sorts, I just can’t get enough of it. Next to pumpkin I have added the tasty Alnatura coconut milk and Alnatura chickpeas to the curry. Both are ingredients that I ALWAYS have in my pantry. The chickpeas are perfect for hummus but also for salads or roasted as a snack. I love using coconut milk for curries, soups or for sweet dishes.
Here is the recipe for pumpkin curry with chickpeas and mie noodles:
- 1 pack Alnatura mie noodles
- 1 Tbsp Alnatura coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 cm 1/2 - 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1/2 pumpkin approx. 14 oz., i.e. Hokkaido
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 can Alnatura coconut milk 13.5 oz.
- 1 jar of Alnatura chickpeas
- 200 ml 1 cup water
- 2-6 tsp Alnatura red Thai curry paste
- 1 handful of fresh baby spinach
- Fresh cilantro
- Cook the mie noodles according to the packet instructions, rinse with cold water and place them aside
- Peel garlic and ginger and chop them very fine
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes (approx. 1 inch, peeling isn’t necessary) and slice the carrots
- Heat up the coconut oil in a wok or pot
- Add garlic and ginger and roast them shortly
- Add the curry paste (the amount very much depends on how hot you like your curry)
- Deglaze with coconut milk and water
- Add the pumpkin dice and carrots slices and simmer at medium heat for approx. 10-13 minutes until both are soft
- Add the chickpeas and let simmer for another 2-3 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper, turmeric and add more curry paste if required
- Stir in the spinach shortly before serving
- Serve the curry in plates and then add the noodles, or mix them before serving
- Sprinkle some fresh pomegranate seeds, cilantro and sprout on top
Depending on how hot you like your curry, you can add more or less curry paste. It’s best to be cautious first and then add a little more later on. Instead of mie noodles you can also serve this curry with rice. We like the Alnatura basmati rice very much. You can also serve it with fresh naan bread. You can find a recipe for fresh naan bread here.
We love curry, it’s the ideal meal for this cosy season. It doesn’t only warm you up from the inside, it’s evidentially very healthy. The regular consumption of curry should prevent lifestyle diseases, inhibit inflammation, stabilize the cholesterol level and have a positive effect on diabetes.
What really convinces me is how versatile a curry can be. You can try very many different combinations and always use new vegetables. We often cook it to use up leftover ingredients. This way it helps prevent food waste – you really don’t need any further reasons, do you?
With noodles the curry is very much loved by the girls. Mie noodles are super easy to make, you put them in boiling water for 3–5 minutes, rinse them with cold water and they are ready and patiently waiting for the curry to be cooked.
Did you know that you can also use the dripping water of the chickpeas, for example for a delicious chocolate mousse? You can find the recipe here. Or for vegan meringue or waffles or pancakes. I find it extremely fascinating how you can create delicious things from actual waste products. Chickpeas contain many fibres and are an important protein source for a vegetarian or vegan nutrition, as they consist of 20 % protein. The high proportion of zinc, magnesium and iron make the chickpea a small power package.
Once again you have the chance to win something nice! You can win a package full of amazing Alnatura products on Instagram! It contains the Alnatura coconut oil, coco drink, basmati rice, chickpeas and the winner’s favorite product. I’m allowed to draw 1 winners and all you have to do is comment your favorite Alnatura product on the Instagram post! Good luck you guys!
You can find the other recipes I created with Alnatura products here.
*This blogpost is a cooperation with Alnatura, the recipes and opinions are my own.
This post is also available in: deutsch