Hello lovelies and welcome beloved September. Today I have an autumn recipe for you for a salad with roasted pumpkin, crispy mushrooms, pomegranate seeds, vegan feta and walnuts. Especially now in the transition period from summer to autumn you have to enjoy the summer products for as long as you can buy them locally. Included in this are fresh green lettuce in all versions. It’s the perfect combination of summer and autumn with roasted pumpkin from the oven, crispy mushrooms and the fruity dressing. Therefore it’s for everyone that cannot wait for pumpkin season, just like me, but on the other hand aren’t ready to completely let go of summer!
We love pumpkin from the oven, sprinkled with maple sirup, fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary and then baked golden. It’s not only delicious in a salad but also for pasta or just simply on bread!
Here is the recipe for the salad with roasted pumpkin:
- 1 small Hokkaido ca. 1000 gr / 35 oz.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- 1-2 Tbsp maple sirup
- 100-150 gr mushrooms 3.5-5 oz. (i.e. white mushrooms)
- 2 Tbsp soy/tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp maple sirup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp pomegranate juice
- 2 Tbsp maple sirup
- 2 Tbsp walnut oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar white
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 green head of lettuce
- 2 Tbsp roasted walnuts
- Pomegranate seeds
- 100 gr 3.5 oz. vegan Feta (i.e. from Taifun Tofu or Violife)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Cut the pumpkin into slices and mix with oil, maple sirup and herbs
- Place the slices on a baking pan and bake for approx. 20-25 minutes until they are well done
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices
- Mix them with herbs and place them on a baking pan
- Put them in the oven together with the pumpkin and bake for approx. 15-20 minutes until they are crispy
- Add all ingredients for the dressing into a glass and shake well
- Wash the lettuce and place them into a bowl
- Roast the walnuts in a grease free pan
- Cut the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds (use the juice for the dressing)
- Crumble the feta
- Mix as you please and sprinkle with dressing
A salad turns out particularly tasty and becomes a taste sensation when you add as many components as possible. And this is exactly the case with this delicious autumn salad with roasted pumpkin: crunchy lettuce, crispy mushrooms, creamy “feta”, slightly sweet pumpkin, sourly dressing, pomegranate seeds and roasted walnuts complete the many different flavors that meet each other here.
You can also prepare this salad as a “salad bar” and everyone can mix the components as they like. This works best for my family, because everyone has their own favorite component of course.
Are you looking forward to autumn or do you already mourn this fabulous summer we had? I especially like the transition period from summer to fall and hope we will be able to enjoy a golden autumn with many warm and beautiful days. I’m happy for the messengers of autumn such as pumpkin, apples and figs because they are some of my favorite ingredients! You can also find a great salad with figs and one with pumpkin from last year here and here.
This post is also available in: deutsch