Hello Lovelies, an uncomplicated dish for everyday, quickly prepared and still healthy: colorful oven vegetables with bulgur is my new recipe for you today. I love dishes that you can prepare quickly. Add in the oven and when the kids come home, the food is ready. In addition, it is also a great way to use up vegetables that you still have in the fridge. For us this time it was a small pumpkin, kale, an eggplant, fennel, carrots and parsnips. So it was also beautiful colorful - plus fresh herbs such as thyme and rosemary for an aromatic taste.
I combined the vegetables with bulgur this time, so we like to change.
Bulgur is usually made from durum wheat. This is first soaked, then pre-cooked or steamed. The production of Bulgur is extremely gentle. Since the whole grain is grind coarsely, the bulgur is also very nutritious. The wheat semolina contains, among other things, various B vitamins as well as vitamin E and the minerals calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.
And here is the recipe for the colorful oven vegetables with bulgur:
Colorful oven vegetables with bulgur
- 200 gr bulgur
- 1 fennel
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 beetroot
- 1 eggplant
- 1-2 parsnips
- 1/2 small butternut squash
- 4-5 kale leaves
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons vegetable yoghurt
- 1-2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Cook the bulgur according to the package instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Wash the vegetables and cut into evenly sized cubes, remove the kale from the stalk and chop it roughly
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and add the diced vegetables
- Mix well and place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper
- Sprinkle the fresh thyme on top
- Approximately bake for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are well browned
- Mix the ingredients for the yoghurt dip in a small bowl
- Mix veggies and bulgur in a large bowl with fresh mint and, if you like, serve with vegan cheese (I used the Herbes de Provence from New Roots)
I also added pomegranate seeds, blood orange slices and a delicious New Roots vegan cheese to our colorful bowl of vegetables and cooked bulgur. So the dish gets even more delicious components and it all tastes very harmonious. Add a spicy yoghurt dip and you have a wholesome and healthy meal.
We love to eat so colorful, so I can be sure that the children get all the important nutrients and it also tastes great. With the vegetables, you can vary at any time and if you do not want the kale to be so crunchy, add oat to the oven a little bit later, or even add it in the end as a salad. The dish also tastes really yummy with couscous, rice or quinoa. We just love to use different grains, so it won't get boring.
Do you like such quick dishes out of the oven? They are also great as a meal prep, just take the leftovers to the office the next day. Warm up again or enjoy as a salad with a dressing .
If you have Pinterest, then you can find me here and pin one of these pictures:
This post is also available in: deutsch