Hello lovelies, ever since Corona and lockdown the world is baking banana bread! For whatever reason, it has become the most popular pastry of the time. I have had a super delicious version for you for a long time that I would like to share with you today: peanut butter banana bread. The banana bread with peanut butter doesn’t require any additional fat and turns out very fluffy thanks to the addition of yogurt.
I already have some versions of banana bread on the blog here, but this is definitely my new favorite, with crispy peanuts, delicious chocolate pieces and lots of peanut butter on top.
And now here is the recipe for peanut butter banana bread:
Peanut butter banana bread
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds + 5 Tbsp water
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) coconut blossom sugar or cane sugar
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) plant-based milk e.g. soy, oat
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) sparkling water
- 100 gr (3.5 oz.) peanut butter without sugar
- 80 gr (2.8 oz.) plant-based yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 gr (2 1/3 cup) spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 75 gr (2.6 oz) dark chocolate (drops/dice)
- 20 gr 1/4 cup) peanuts
- Mix the chia seeds with water and let it soak for about 5-10 minutes
- Mash the bananas using a fork or a blender
- Mix water, milk, coconut blossom sugar and bananas
- Add the chia mixture
- Now add peanut butter and yogurt
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and salt to the moist ingredients and mix well
- Now stir in the apple cider vinegar
- Roughly chop the chocolate or use drops/dice and fold them into the dough
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Grease and flour a loaf pan, put the dough inside and decorate it with peanuts, chocolate and some more peanut butter.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes – check with stick if well done to make sure the dough is definitely done
It’s best to use peanut butter without sugar for this recipe. In general I would recommend you to buy the sugar free version only, because sugar is really not necessary. A good peanut butter tastes well with exactly 2 ingredients: roasted peanuts and a little salt. You don't need anything else and you can do it at home, I already have a recipe for it here. You can even completely leave out the sugar for this banana bread, the sweetness of the chocolate and the bananas make it so sweet already. But that's a matter of taste.
What I find most important about banana bread is that it gets real fluffy and it definitely will - even without eggs and butter. Be sure to give it a try, or did you already bake a banana bread during the lockdown? If you are still looking for other recipes to use the ripe bananas, then have a look here where you will find even more ideas.
Hang in there guys, stay healthy and take care of you!
If you have Pinterest, you can find me here and you can pin this picture if you like:
This post is also available in: deutsch