Hello lovelies, do you need to use up ripe bananas? Here is the perfect recipe: banana bread with cranberries and white chocolate. I think there are two different opinions when it comes to banana bread. Some like it soggy and solid and some like it fluffy and soft. I am definitely of the 2nd opinion and that’s why I tinkered for a while to create the perfect recipe for a fluffy and soft banana bread. It goes without any eggs and white flour and is vegan as usual.
This time I combined it with fresh cranberries and white chocolate and it turned out so extremely yummy. I can even assert it’s the best banana bread I have ever baked. You can currently find fresh cranberries in stores. We like them very much and they are very healthy.
Cranberries actually belong to the genus of blueberries. They are said to help with bladder infections, but this doesn’t seem to be scientifically proven. This doesn’t mean that they aren’t healthy, because cranberries contain about 13 g of vitamin C per 100 g, a lot of vitamin Aand antioxidants. The cranberry is a good natural source of potassium, sodium and magnesium, with copper and manganese added.
I like dried cranberries in my cereal as well as in baked products. But once they are available I like them fresh, too. They don’t only taste good in cakes, they can also spice up oven vegetables. I like them mostly with Brussels sprout, my associated favorite recipe will follow soon.
So here is the recipe for banana bread with cranberries and white chocolate:
Banana bread with cranberries and white chocolate
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds + 5 Tbsp water
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100 ml ½ cup sparkling water
- 100 ml ½ cup plant based milk
- 100 gr ½ cup coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 100 gr ½ cup coconut oil
- 300 gr 2 1/3 cup spelt flour
- 75 gr ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 100 gr 3.5 oz. vegan white chocolate
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mix chia seeds and water and let soak for 5-10 minutes
- Squash the bananas with a fork or blend with a mixer
- Mix water, milk, coconut blossom sugar and bananas
- Add the soaked chia seeds
- Melt the coconut oil in case it’s solid and add it to the mixture
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and salt and mix well
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar
- Roughly chop cranberries and chocolate and fold them in with a spoon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Grease and flour a loaf pan, put the dough inside and coat it with some chopped cranberries and possibly a halved banana
- Bake for 60-70 minutes – check with a stick to make sure the dough is definitely well done
This banana bread contains the perfect balance between sweet and sour because of cranberries and white chocolate. You can refine the banana bread with different ingredients – nuts, dark chocolate or even raisins. We love banana bread very much and I get very excited when I happen to have ripe bananas that are extra brown. I either freeze them to make nicecream or, as the weather is cold outside now, bake some banana bread. I already have another recipe here on my blog that is also very delicious.
Have you ever baked banana bread before? If not then it’s about time – I’m sure your kids will also like it. And now is the perfect time to try fresh cranberries as they are available in stores now.
This post is also available in: deutsch