Hello lovelies, I have a quick and healthy recipe for you today: quick curry with green vegetables. You can use the vegetables you have available at home, so be flexible. Of course that’s important now. We currently eat a lot of green vegetables, lettuce and fruits to strengthen our immune system and stay healthy.
You only need a few ingredients for the curry, coconut milk and a curry paste - I used the yellow one. Also a side dish like rice, quinoa or whatever else you like to eat with your curry. And obviously vegetables, I had zucchini, broccoli, beans, some Brussels sprouts and fresh spinach.
Recipe - quick curry with green vegetables
And now here is the recipe for a quick curry with green vegetable
Quick curry with green vegetables
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 1 hand full of green beans
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1 small zucchini
- 100 gr (3.5 oz.) Brussels sprouts
- 70 gr (2.5 oz.) yellow curry paste alternatively: red or green
- 600 ml (2.5 cups) coconut milk
- 2 tsp vegan fish sauce
- 1 hand full fresh spinach
- Salt to season
- Side dish of your choice e.g. rice, quinoa, millet
- Pomegranate, fresh cilantro, sesame as a topping
- Wash the vegetables and cut them in bite-sized pieces
- Finely chop the onions and fry them in sesame oil until transparent
- Add all vegetables but the spinach and sauté for 3-5 minutes
- Stir in the curry paste and deglaze with coconut milk
- Let simmer with closed lid for approx. 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are soft
- Season with salt
- Stir in the spinach - spread everything on plates and serve with the side dish of your choice
- Perfect for a topping is fresh cilantro, sesame and pomegranate seeds
The curry is packed with healthy vegetables and you can really use your favorites here, or use up what has to go. This is what I like about these simple recipes, I think it’s especially important these days to use up what you have at home to avoid unnecessary shopping. I will pay more attention to this in the next recipes.
We had black rice as a side dish, but you can of course also serve another rice, quinoa, couscous or bulgur – what matters here too is to take what your pantry has to offer. Salted nuts such as peanuts as a topping would also be very tasty.
Bye for now!
If you have Pinterest, you can find me here and feel free to pin one of these pictures:
This post is also available in: deutsch