Hello lovelies, an easy soup recipe is waiting for you today: minestrone with savoy cabbage and white beans. My children are ALWAYS delighted with minestrone and they really eat almost everything in it. A vegetable that they disdained the day before, suddenly tastes delicious in the soup (true story!). It was the same here with the savoy cabbage.
I also used leeks and carrots for the minestrone. So just a few ingredients and other options that everyone could add to it. This time we had small Risoni noodles and white beans (cannellini from the jar). This is a smart way to prevent food from being refused because of a single ingredient and everyone can choose what they would like to add as a side.
And now here is the recipe for minestrone with savoy cabbage and white beans:
MINESTRONE WITH SAVOY CABBAGE AND WHITE BEANS
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks leek
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 savoy cabbage
- 1,5 l(6 cups) vegetable broth
- 200 g (7 oz.) cannelini beans pre-cooked/from the jar
- 150-200 g (5-7 oz.) Risoni noodles
- salt, pepper
- 3 Tbsp Walnüsse
- 1 Tbsp Hefeflocken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Finely chop the onions
- Finely chop the leek in rings and rinse them well
- Sauté both in olive oil
- Peel and cut the carrots and add them to the onions
- Cut the savoy cabbage in bite-sized pieces and add them to the pan
- Roast everything for 3- 5 minutes while stirring
- Deglaze with vegetable broth
- Let it simmer with a closed lid for approx. 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are well done but still a bit crunchy
- Boil the Risoni noodles in a separate pot with some salt water
- Rinse the beans
- Season the soup with salt and pepper and serve them with your preferred sides and the walnut-parmesan
- Roast the walnuts in a pan without fat
- Add them into a food blender with the herbs and mix them well
In just a short time you will have a healthy, seasonal dish on the table that the whole family will enjoy. By the way, they all liked the Risoni noodles, not so much the beans. But I think they are totally delicious in the soup. That makes everyone happy and willing to try something new.
The walnut parmesan gives the minestrone with savoy cabbage and white beans an extra taste kick and of course also goes wonderfully with other dishes, so be sure to try it.
I hope I was able to give you another idea for a delicious winter soup and you can try the recipe. You can already find more soup recipes here on the blog.
If you have Pinterest, you can find me here and you can pin this picture if you like:
This post is also available in: deutsch