Hello lovelies, summer without ice cream, is that even possible? Or rather, what sense does it make?! So today I have 2 new recipes for you: vegan mango and raspberry ice cream. Both are made super quickly, preferably with fresh fruits of course! The two types of ice cream are very creamy and you can prepare them with or without an ice cream machine. I will also tell you the secret of how you can get vegan ice cream extra creamy.
I made the raspberry ice cream with fresh raspberries from the garden (unfortunately not my own) and that’s why it’s particularly aromatic and delicious. Also with the mangos you should make sure that they are as ripe as possible, so that the ice cream is really tasty. Apart from that you don’t need a lot of ingredients.
And now here is the recipe for vegan mango and raspberry ice cream:
Vegan mango and raspberry ice cream
- Ice cream machine (optional)
- 300 g (10.5 oz.) fresh raspberries or mango
- 100 g (3.5 oz) plant based yoghurt
- 250 ml (1 cup) vegan cream
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 50-75 g (1/3 cup) powdered sugar (alternatively xylitol or erythritol)
- 1 TL xanthan gum
- Puree raspberries or mangos, sieve the raspberries if you don’t want the seeds
- Add all ingredients (except xanthan) into a mixer and blend into a smooth mixture – sprinkle in the xanthan in the end
- Either put it into an ice cream machine (raspberry and mango separately) and mix according to the manual
- Alternatively put it into a freezer safe dish and freeze it, stir regularly to avoid too many ice crystals
You may have asked yourself in the recipe what xanthan is. THAT is the “secret” ingredient that makes your ice cream extra creamy. I also spent a lot of time looking at how to get a good result until I read about xanthan. Here is the explanation from Wikipedia:
Xanthan (rarely xantane) is a naturally occurring polysaccharide. It is obtained from sugar-containing substrates with the help of bacteria of the genus Xanthomonas and is used as a food additive with the E number E 415 as a thickening and gelling agent. Xanthan is approved for organic food.
So it’s a natural substance that helps thicken the ice cream mass and thereby makes it creamier. You can purchase it online and you only need very little, so it’s totally worth buying, it makes a big difference.
Another ingredient that is required to make ice cream extra creamy is fat, it just can’t be avoided. Because without the addition of fat (in the form of cream, oil or even nuts/nut butter), it simply remains a sorbet. Which is of course delicious, but sometimes you feel like eating creamy ice cream.
Be sure to give it a try, the ice cream is so yummy and the kids and all their friends liked it so far. What are your favorite flavors? Have you tried the ice chocolates here yet?
If you have Pinterest you can find me here and you can pin this picture if you like:
This post is also available in: DE