Hello lovelies, once again I have a delicious cake recipe for you for: vegan cheesecake with raspberries. I had made this one for a party and it was very well received by everyone. To be honest, you couldn’t really notice that the cheesecake was vegan. It turned out really creamy and I've added some raspberry jam to the curd layer for a fruity note. The recipe is actually a modification of my aunt’s classic cheesecake, which I always liked very much as a child.
I posted a recipe before, here. However, this time I didn’t use silken tofu for the cream, but vegan curd. You can find it more and more in the supermarkets and it’s very suitable for baking. This cheesecake with fresh raspberries was definitely a treat for the eyes, or what do you think?
And now here is the recipe for the vegan cheesecake with raspberries:
Vegan cheesecake with raspberries
- Baking oven
- 260 gr (2 cups) flour (wheat or spelt)
- 1/2 bag baking powder ca. 2 Tsp
- 80 gr (1/3 cup) sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy flour
- 130 gr (2/3 cup) margarine or vegan butter (e.g. Alsan, Naturli)
- 500 gr (18 oz.) vegan curd e.g. Provamel/Alpro
- 1 bag vanilla sugar ca. 2 Tsp
- 1 bag vanilla custard powder
- 2 Tsp soy flour
- 180 gr (3/4 cup) sugar e.g. raw cane sugar
- 200 ml (1 cup) neutral oil e.g. canola or sunflower
- 200 gr (7 oz.) vegan sour cream e.g. Soyananda
- 1/8 l (1/2 cup) soy cream
- 3-4 Tbsp raspberry jam or a different kind
- Add all ingredients into a bowl, mix well and knead to a smooth dough
- Let it rest in the fridge and prepare the cream in the meantime
- Mix the curd with vanilla sugar, sugar, vanilla custard powder and soy flour
- Then add oil, sour cream and cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Grease a springform pan ø 30 cm (ø 12 inches) put the dough inside and create a cake edge
- Spread 2 Tbsp jam on the bottom
- Add the cream to it and top it with the remaining jam
- Bake for approx. 50-60 minutes. If it turns out to dark before the time is up, cover it up
- Let it cool off completely inside the springform pan
I love this cheesecake, not only because it puts me back into my childhood. But the mixture of the shortcrust and the creamy, sweet filling with vanilla flavor is simply heavenly. Add a cup of coffee and I'm happy! Of course you can also omit the jam, then you have a classic cheese cake.
And even without the pretty berries on the cake, it’s a pleasure all year round. I'm sure your family and guests will love the cheesecake as much as we do. So far I have only received compliments. Just try it out and as mentioned, nobody will notice that the cake is vegan.
If you have Pinterest you can find me here. Please feel free to pin this picture:
This post is also available in: deutsch