Hello lovelies, today I have a great Asian recipe for you: soba noodle salad with peanut dressing! Do you already know soba noodles? The noodles come from Japan and are thin, brown noodles made from buckwheat. They have a slightly nutty flavor and fewer calories than their "siblings" made from wheat flour or durum wheat semolina. In Japan, the soba noodles are served hot or cold and usually separately from the broth on a bowl.
But since we aren‘t in Japan, I allow myself to serve them in a delicious salad with a peanut dressing and I‘m sure you’ll like it as much as we did! The children have chosen this dish as their new favorite meal (once again :-)). Sometimes I really wonder if our ancestors were secretly Asians, as much as we all like the food.
In addition to the soba noodles, I added spiralled zucchini to the salad, which made it even lighter. Also carrots, cucumber and cabbage.
And now here is the recipe for soba noodle salad with peanut dressing:
Soba noodle salad with peanut dressing
- 300 gr (10.5 oz.) zucchini
- 160 gr (6 oz.) soba noodles (250 gr / 9 oz. If you don’t add any zucchini)
- 1 small cucumber
- 2-3 carrots
- 1/4 head white cabbage small one
- 2-3 Tbsp roasted and salted peanuts
- 1 spring onion
- 1 Tbsp sesame
- 6 Tbsp peanut butter
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) coconut milk full fat
- 5 Tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- some fresh ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cut the zucchini with a spiralizer into „zoodles“
- Cook the soba noodles according to the packet instructions and add the zucchini to the water 2 minutes before the soba noodles are done
- Sieve and rinse them with cold water
- Cut the carrots and the cabbage in small stripes or discs
- Finely grate the cabbage
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and spread the dressing on top
- Serve with chopped peanuts, sesame and spring onions
- Finely grate the ginger
- Mix all ingredients until the dressing is smooth
- Spread over the salad
The salad turns out really nice and creamy with the peanut dressing and crispy and especially healthy due to the fresh vegetables. I really love everything with peanut and couldn’t get enough of the dressing. We use something very similar for our summer roles, the recipe can be found here. By the way, the skewers in the pictures are vegan satay skewers with a new "meat substitute" made of pea protein, which I can tell you more about soon. But I can reveal that it‘s very close to chicken - we were surprised.
The salad is very mild and therefore also suitable for children. If you like it a little spicier, then add some chili to the sauce or to the salad once it’s done, which fits very well.
Do you like Asian food and if yes, what are your favorite dishes? I've recently rediscovered sushi for myself. While I didn‘t like it when I was still eating fish, I really like the vegan version and will soon share my favorite roles with you! And you can already find other Asian dishes here on the blog.
If you have Pinterest you can find me here. Please feel free to pin this pic:
This post is also available in: deutsch