Hello lovelies, today I have a new recipe for you for a quick and moist orange cake . The orange cake is made super fast, only needs a few ingredients and is especially delicious. Like every winter, I'm totally into oranges. I rarely have any real cravings, but each winter a strong orange craving kicks in. In addition to freshly squeezed orange juice, I also enjoy everything else with oranges. I love blood oranges especially I can always hardly wait until they are available again.
The orange cake contains both the juice and the orange peel and you can also soak it with orange juice after baking, then it becomes very intense in taste and very moist. But because of the yoghurt, which is in the dough, the cake is already so juicy and moist.
Here is the recipe for the quick and moist orange cake:
Quick and moist orange cake
- 150 g of plant based yoghurt for example coconut
- Juice and peel of 1-2 oranges
- 100 gr xylitol or other sweetener of your choice
- 75 ml of neutral oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 gr flour for example spelt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mix the yoghurt with the oil, juice and peel of orange, xylitol and vanilla
- Mix flour, baking powder and soda and add them to the yoghurt mixture
- Finally, add the apple cider vinegar and stir well
- Grease a box mold and add the dough
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, make the stick test
- Optional: Pierce several times with a stick and soak with fresh orange juice
We love this kind of cakes and the kids prefer them over heavy cakes with cream. As a topping I made a delicious cashew frosting, the recipe you can find here. You can also make a simple frosting with orange juice and confectionary sugar or serve the cake without. For sweetening you can use other sugar as well, if you use coconut blossom or brown sugar, the cake will just turn out a bit darker. I like to use the birch sugar (xylitol) for such cakes, because you can hardly taste a difference.
Of course, the cake also works with lemons, I already made this too and it turned out delicious. This is really a cake that you can eat every day, already for breakfast, I mean it's with yoghurt right? Nicely decorated with fresh blood orange / orange slices, the simple and quick cake turns into an eye-catcher on every coffee table.
Try the recipe, you probably have all the ingredients at home anyway and you really need a maximum of 10 minutes to prepare it and just 30 minutes more of patience until you can enjoy it it on your table.
This post is also available in: deutsch