Hello lovelies, today I have a delicious breakfast recipe for you for a chocolate orange granola. Homemade granola is just great, because it takes no time at all, you can use something up and you know exactly what's inside. In addition, you bring so much variety to the table and you can mix up different flavors.
For me it’s a granola with chocolate and orange this time. Because I think you have to take advantage of the citrus season and the combination of chocolate and orange is always a good idea anyway.
The basis for the chocolate orange granola is oat flakes, but also buckwheat, because it’s not only very healthy, I also like how crispy it gets.
In general, I prefer my granola to be nice and crispy and with lots of large pieces, so I don't stir it while baking, but always let it cool down completely to get large pieces.
And now here is the recipe for the chocolate orange granola:
- Baking oven
- 200 g (2 cups) oats
- 50 g (1/2 cup) buckwheat
- 100 g (3/4 cup) almonds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Zest of 2 organic oranges
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 25 g (1/4 cup) vegan chocolate drops
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (302°F) with convection
- Roughly chop the almonds
- Put all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix them
- Stir in the orange zest
- Put coconut oil, orange juice, almond cream and maple syrup into a small pot and warm it up until it’s a smooth mixtur
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients until everything is mixed well
- Place the mass on a baking tray and smooth it out with the backside of a spoon and then bake for approx. 40 minutes
- Let it cool off on the tray, roughly chop it and add the chocolate drops
- Store it in a sealed jar
The granola has only a little sweetness added and tastes simply delicious with yoghurt and fresh fruit, but also with a plant-based drink and on porridge. Just as you like it best.
And since blood oranges are currently available, you are of course also very welcome to use these. They don’t only look great, they also taste delicious.
Do you already make your own granola and if so, what are your favorite recipes? You can already find some recipes here on the blog and I hope you will try them out!
If you have Pinterest, you can find me here and you are welcome to pin this picture:
This post is also available in: deutsch