Hello Lovelies, now that fall has set in I'm usually in the mood for a breakfast that gives me enough energy for the day. In summer im usually happy with some fruits, juice and coffee, but when it gets colder I'm longing for something different. One of my favorite breakfast ingredients are oats for sure. They are full of nutritions and super health as well. They are a great source for iron, contain lot of fibers, mineral nutrients and vitamins and they even have the highest amount go Vitamin B1 and B6 of all grains. Sounds perfect to me! I sometimes wonder why I neglect them so much in summer, I only eat them sometimes in my Birchermüesli. (Note to myself: eat more oats next summer!)
In addition to these amazing health benefits, oats are super versatile and taste so good in all kind of varieties and with most fruits. I really like them as porridge, in baked good and also as Overnight Oats. You just put everything in a jar into your fridge and the next morning a healthy and delicious breakfast is waiting for you, how great is that.
So when I recently got contacted by Alnatura if I would like to create a recipe with there Alnatura oat drink I didn't have to think twice. First of all, because I really like their products since they are 100 % organic and they also care for the environment, both important aspects for me as well. And second, because a lot of seasonal recipes with oats and the oat drink came to my mind. The Alnatura Oat drink is made with fermented oats and is enriched with seaweed that contains calcium. The plant based alternative to milk is low on fat, lactose free and without any added sugar.
One of my favorite flavor combinations in fall is apple-cinnamon for sure, so today I'm happy to share the recipe for delicious, vegan Apple-Cinnamon Overnight Oats with you. And to get a little twist for breakfast I also made a variety with some pumpkin.
So here is the recipe:
Overnight Oats BASIS:
- 1 apple
- some lemon juice
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup oat drink from Alnatura
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- cashew butter from Alnatura
- 2 Tbsp pre-cooked pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp ground hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 apple
- 2 Tbsp whole hazelnuts
- some cinnamon
- maple syrup optional
- fresh fruits
Overnight Oats BASIS:
- Grate the apple and mix some lemon juice.
- Mix the oats, the oat drink, cinnamon and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Add in the apple and mix well.
- Let rest in the fridge overnight.
- For the pumpkin puree, mash the cooked pumpkin with a fork.
- Mix with the other ingredients and layer in a jar with the overnight oats in the morning.
- Cut the apple in small pieces.
- Add to a pan and let simmer with some water, cinnamon and some maple syrup (if you like) until soft.
- Rougly chop the nuts and roast them in a pan (this is optional).
- Add the overnight oats to 2 jars, with or without the pumpkin puree, I also made additional layers with the cashew butter from Alnatura. Add the apple and nuts and top with seasonal fruits.
My favorite was with the pumpkin puree because it turned out extra creamy. I really like the Alnatura Oat drink in my coffee as well, since its very mild and won't make your coffee bitter, the way almond milk sometimes does. And if you might not know the Alnatura Cashew butter yet, you MUST try it, so good and addictive too: I warned you! In Switzerland all Alnatura products are available at Migros. And from 16th of October you can sign up at the Alnatura homepage and get one of 100o test packages with Alnatura products!
Whats your favorite recipe with oats? Let me know and also if you tried and liked my Overnight Oats.
*This post is a cooperation with Alnatura and Migros.
This post is also available in: deutsch