Hello lovelies, today I have a new quick and easy recipe for you: a tomato peach salad. When I think of something that tastes especially great in summer, it‘s definitely tomatoes and peaches. They never taste as aromatic, sweet and sun-kissed as in the warm summer months (very natural, because then they have season).
This light summer salad with tomatoes, peaches, cucumbers, basil and pine nuts is an absolute delight and tastes delicious with fresh baguette, as a side dish to the grill or even as a light lunch. And apart from that, the beautiful colors are also an absolute feast for the eyes. I added a few red currants, which looked even better.
And now here is the recipe for the tomato peach salad:
Tomato peach salad
- 350 gr (12 oz.) cocktail tomatoes (different colors if possible)
- 4 flat peaches or 2 regular peaches
- 1 cucumber or 3 small ones
- 30 gr pine nuts
- 2-3 twigs red currants
- 1/2 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses alternatively juice
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- salt & pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in half, slice the peaches
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them
- Roast the pine nuts in a fat free pan
- Add everything into a bowl or place on a platter
- Wash and finely chop the basil (save some leaves for decoration)
- Mix with all other ingredient and season the dressing with salt and pepper
- Pour the dressing over the salad, mix everything well and serve with pine nuts, currants and basil leaves.
The aromas of the tomatoes, the sweet peach and the crispy cucumber harmonize wonderfully. The dressing may emphasize the natural taste without dominating it too much. Therefore it‘s kept very light with vinegar, oil and especially the fresh basil. If you can’t find pomegranate treacle, you can replace it with some juice (also orange juice).
Serve the salad with a fresh baguette, that's all it takes. But of course it‘s also great as a light side dish for grilled dishes. Do you like fruits in the salad? I really like this interplay of sweet and savoryt, especially in the summer. Be sure to check out my other salad recipes, which are already on the blog here.
If you have Pinterest you can find me here and pin this picture.
This post is also available in: deutsch