Hello lovelies, today I have a new recipe for you for a quick Easter menu from the oven. Made fast, very tasty and with fresh ingredients - and the best thing: you only need the oven, which does all the work for you. I developed the dish in collaboration with Samsung* and the new NV9000 Oven with Dual Cook Steam function . We've been using it for a while now and I'm still very delighted.
SAMSUNG NV9000 OVEN
Thanks to its dual cook function, which allows baking and steaming at the same time, you have so many options and you can save not only energy but also a lot of time. The cooking space can be separated by an insert and so you get an "upper" and a "lower" oven, which can be controlled independently of each other. Different baking temperatures, baking, steaming and roasting at the same time - so practical! In addition, the lower part of the oven with the appropriate steam tray is also a real steamer and you can gently prepare dishes in it, such as steamed vegetables. The steam function is also great for bread or other baked goods.
I used exactly these functions for my quick Easter menu from the oven. I prepared delicious vegetables in the upper area of the oven, while the potatoes were cooked in the steamer in the lower area. And my menu is:
GREEN ASPARAGUS WITH TOMATOES, VEGAN FETA AND PINE NUTS SERVED WITH POTATOES AND WILD GARLIC PESTO
If you prepare the wild garlic pesto in advance, the Samsung NV9000 really does all the rest of the work for you. You just have to wash the potatoes, put them in the Samsung Special Steam Tray and then cook them with the steam function for about 30-45 minutes (depending on the size of the potatoes). Put the asparagus on the baking sheet, along with the cherry tomatoes, the vegan feta, shallots, pine nuts and some olive oil and spices. At the same time as the potatoes, the vegetables are then cooked in the upper part of the Samsung NV9000.
QUICK EASTER MENU FROM THE OVEN
And now here is the recipe:
GREEN ASPARAGUS WITH TOMATOES AND VEGAN FETA SERVED WITH POTATOES AND WILD GARLIC PESTO
- Samsung NV9000 Dual Cook Steam
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) waxy potatoes (small ones)
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) green asparagus
- 250 g (9 oz.) cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 shallots
- 200 g (7 oz.) vegan feta (e.g. Violife)
- 50 g (1/3 cup) pine nuts
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2-3 squirts lemon juice
- Herbs of your choice
- Wash the potatoes, place them on the Special Steam Tray and steam them for approx. 35-40 minutes until they are soft (alternatively boil them in salt water)
- Wash the asparagus, cut off the wooden ends and place them on the baking tray
- Wash the tomatoes, cut the shallots in quarters, dice the feta and put everything including the pine nuts on the tray
- Sprinkle the vegetables with olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and seasoning and mix everything well
- Bake in the upper oven at 175°C (347°F) at the same time as the potatoes for 35-45 minutes
- Serve everything with wild garlic pesto
And here is the recipe for the vegan wild garlic pesto:
- 100 g (3.5 oz.) wild garlic Bärlauch
- 50 g (1/3 cup) pine nuts (alternatively sunflower seeds)
- 50 g (1/2 cup) vegan parmesan e.g. from Violife
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- Wash and dry the wild garlic well
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan
- Put all ingredients (except the oil) in a mixer or high container
- Mix well or blend with a hand blender and slowly add the olive oil
- Keep refrigerated in a sealable jar
The vegan feta melts in the oven and turns into a delicious sauce that goes perfectly with the asparagus and potatoes. The tomatoes provide a sweet aroma and the spicy pesto gives a taste kick. By the way, it also tastes good without pesto. Since my kids don't like wild garlic, they ate it without it.
By cooking the potatoes in the Samsung Special Steam Tray, the consistency is simply perfect and all vitamins and nutrients are retained thanks to the gentle preparation. The dish is really great for your Easter menu because it’s easy and uncomplicated to prepare and everyone really likes it. Serve it with a salad and a delicious dessert and you have a fine, healthy and not too heavy menu. Also ideal for an Easter brunch.
The NV9000 Oven with Dual Cook Steam function simply does most of the work for you, which leaves more time for your family and time to search for chocolate Easter eggs. You can find more information about the Samsung NV9000, its advantages and everything else it can do here on the blog.
I hope you will try this delicious dish - my family and I enjoyed it very much and we will definitely cook it again very soon. Luckily the asparagus season has only just begun and we especially like it from the oven.
Another nice plus of the NV9000 oven from Samsung is that, thanks to the pyrolytic cleaning, I don't have to waste my time after the feast cleaning the oven, but can go straight to the Easter egg hunt - or the digestive walk 🙂 .
Have a lovely and happy Easter everyone and hopefully a good Easter bunny!
If you have Pinterest you can find me here and you can pin one of these pictures if you like:
*This blogpost was created in collaboration with Samsung Switzerland – the recipes are my own.
This post is also available in: deutsch