Hello lovelies, do you also have so much zucchini in the garden and are you still looking for good recipes? Here is one for you: zucchini blondies with chocolate. I’m very happy that my zucchini grew so well in the raised bed this year. We were already able to harvest some. I don’t only like them savory processed but also sweet. And this is when these delicious blondies come into play. By the way, blondies are the opposite of brownies, as the name might already suggest. Blondies are missing cocoa and that’s why they are light.
Luckily nothing else is missing with the zucchini blondies with chocolate. They are super delicious, really juicy and of course contain some tasty chocolate. Nobody will notice that there are vegetables inside.
And now here is the recipe for zucchini blondies with chocolate:
Zucchini blondies with chocolate
- Baking oven
- 350 gr (12 oz) zucchini
- 150 gr (3/4 cup margarine or vegan butter
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) raw cane sugar or coconut blossom sugar
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) plant-based milk
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) sparkling water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 100 gr (3/4 cup) oat flour (ground oats)
- 150 gr (1 ¼ cup) spelt flour or 250 gr (2 cups) if you don’t use oat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 50 gr (1.7 oz.) chocolate chips
- 80 gr (3 oz.) vegan chocolate for the frosting
- Finely grind the zucchini and let them rest for a while, then squeeze as much water out as possible (either by hand or wrapped in a kitchen towel)
- Add margarine, sugar, vanilla, milk and sparkling water into a bowl or a food processor and mix well
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour, oat flour, cinnamon powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda) in a bowl and then add them to the liquid ingredients
- Knead everything into a smooth dough
- Now add the zucchini and apple cider vinegar and mix again (only short)
- Now fold in the chocolate chips
- Grease a square baking pan (ca. 30 x40 cm / 12 x 16’) and put the dough inside
- Bake at 180°C (356°F) for approx. 30-40 minutes and then let it cool off
- Melt the chocolate in a pot set in warm water and then spread it on top of the blondies
The blondies turned out really “fudgy”, which is just the way they should be. If you don’t like it fudgy, leave them in the oven a little longer. By the way, I used a yellow zucchini for the recipe, but of course it works exactly the same with a green – except then maybe someone has questions about the ingredients. In case of using a yellow zucchini, it’s even less noticeable that vegetables are hidden in the dough.
Another great way to secretly make kids or other veggie disdainers eat some healthy veggies. Who could possibly say no to these delicious cuts? I already have another cake recipe with zucchini here on the blog. Have you already tried it?
Of course, there are already some savory recipes on the blog. We very much like the stuffed zucchini with lentils and orzo or the soba noodle salad, where I have replaced part of the pasta with zoodles (zucchini noodles).
If you have Pinterest, you can find me here. Please feel free to pin this picture:
This post is also available in: DE