Hello lovelies, I hope you haven’t had enough of strawberry recipes, because today there is another one: Strawberry galette. I love this delicious galette, because it’s made really fast, tastes delicious, and isn’t as heavy as a cake. It’s ideal if you have spontaneous visitors and want to serve something sweet. You can fix it not only with strawberries, but also with stone fruits like nectarines. Last year I made a version with lemon verbena (the recipe is on Instagram) and it was delicious.
You should really try new combinations. Peppermint and lemon balm are always super matching with fruits. I gave thyme to the strawberry galette this time, because this is my favorite herb and it goes so well with strawberries. The dough is a combination of spelt flour and buckwheat flour, which provides a nice balance to the sweetness of the fruits. This dough only requires 6 ingredients (or even 5, if you use only one type of flour).
And now here is the recipe for the strawberry galette:
- Baking oven
- 100 gr (3/4 cup) spelt flour
- 60 gr (1/2 cup) buckwheat flour or spelt flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut blossom sugar or raw cane sugar
- 5 Tbsp cold water
- 80 gr (1/3 cup) margarine/vegan butter
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 300-400 gr (11-18 oz.) strawberries
- 2 Tbsp coconut blossom sugar or raw cane sugar
- 4-5 sprigs lemon thyme or regular thyme
- 25 gr gr (1 oz.) ground almonds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Put flour and sugar into a bowl and add the butter in pieces
- Add water and vanilla and knead to a dough
- Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes
- Wash and chop the strawberries
- Mix them with sugar and the plucked thyme and let sit for a while
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out round on a floured work surface (approx. ø 30-35 cm / 10-12”)
- Sprinkle the ground almonds on top
- Put the strawberry mixture into the middle and fold in the edges
- Coat the edges with maple syrup and sprinkle almonds on it
- Bake at 180 °C (356°F) for 30-40 minutes
The galette is best served with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream and of course still warm! The fresh out the oven smell alone is already very tempting. I simply love the fact that the galette is fixed so quickly and you can vary it so well with ingredients and fruits. You could also add some rhubarb for as long as it still has season – I did that in my version.
Have you already discovered the other strawberry recipes on the blog? You can find them here. And there will soon be a delicious cupcake recipe with strawberries and a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and strawberries! And since the season has started later this year, luckily, they will still be available a little longer.
If you are on Pinterest you can find me here and you can pin this picture:
This post is also available in: DE