Hello Lovelies, you all know about my love affair with figs and berries by now. But I not only enjoy them in sweet dishes but also in savory ones like in a big bowl of salad. In contrary to my hubby I love my salad with lot of add-ons. Nothing against some good plain green leaves, but if I can have some extra flavors and texture than I’m happy and I’m totally satisfied with such a salad for dinner.
The salad bowl I’m sharing with you today, has all of the above. Some fresh green baby leafs, juicy figs and berries, pan roasted sweet potatoes for some extra flavor, vegan “goat” cheese for a creamy texture and pan roasted almonds for some crunch. The Dressing was a simple balsamic vinaigrette with the addition of fresh thyme.
The vegan “goat” cheese is from www.new-roots.com and I really love their cheeses. If you are from Switzerland, make sure you try them. And this is not sponsored, I just think they make great cheeses with passion and if you might miss cheese since you became vegan or just want to try a vegan cheese for a change, this would be my recommendation.
So here is the recipe for the salad bowl:
For the salad:
- 1-2 sweet potatoes
- baby leaf salad
- handful almonds
- vegan "goat" cheese or goat cheese for a non-vegan option
For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 Tsp maple syrup
For the sweet potatoes:
- Wash and cut the potatoes in slices (half a centimeter)
- Brush them with a mixture from olive oil, paprika, salt & pepper
- Heat a grilling pan, add more olive oil and grill the sweet potatoes from both sides until browned
- You can add some fresh thyme leaves as well
- Remove from the pan and set aside
For the almonds:
- Keep the pan hot add more olive oil
- Add the almonds, salt & pepper and roast until brown
For the Dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a glass and shake well
- Assemble the salad with the fresh figs, blackberries, roasted almonds and potatoes and crumbles of the cheese - Enjoy!
Lot of pictures today, since the salad was not only delicious but I thought beautiful as well! What is your favorite way to eat your salad, plain or with lot of extras? Let me know!
This post is also available in: DE