Hallo Lovelies, I hope everyone had a wonderful easter holiday. We spent a great long weekend in Ireland with friends and now we are more or less ready to go back to daily life. Next to work and piles of laundry there is no time for fancy food at the moment, so I appreciate some quick and healthy recipes. And so it's time to add one to the quick recipe category. This time it's a homemade Naan Bread, which I love so much. We had this with a delicious curry last week and it's not only super easy to make, but also very yummy, so if you never made your own Naan, please give it a try, you won't be disappointed. (And I know it takes 1-2 hours to rise, but since it is so easy to prepare upfront, I still file this under quick recipe:-).
Here is the recipe:
- 500 gr spelt flour
- 200 gr coconut yoghurt or any other plant based yoghurt
- 100 ml water
- 35 ml olive oil
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 1/2 cube yeast or dry yeast
- 2 Tsp salt
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water
- Add the remaining ingredients and kneed into a smooth dough
- Cover and let rise in a bowl for 1-2 hours
- Add the dough to a dusted work space and divide into 6-8 pieces
- Roll out the pieces very thin
- Heat a pan (works best with a cast iron pan), you can add some olive oil, but you don't have to
- Fry the flat dough for 2-3 minutes from both sides
- Enjoy warm
The Naan is perfect with Curry and you can already find two recipes here. For the one on the picture, I used the recipe for the Curry with lentils and added the veggies we had left in the fridge like leek, spinach and zucchini and also the pan fried mushrooms and it turned out really good.
I hope everyone is enjoying the short week so far and the first signs of spring!
If you have Pinterest, you can find me here and pin this picture if you like:
This post is also available in: deutsch