Hello lovelies, I don’t know about you, but with the warm temperatures I feel like salads in all versions, for example this light potato asparagus salad. This salad contains all of my favorite seasonal ingredients: asparagus, new potatoes, rocket salad from the garden and tomatoes (okay, it’s a bit early for them). Potato salad doesn’t always have to be difficult, it tastes totally delicious with fresh, healthy ingredients and isn’t heavy on the stomach.
I have combined the potato asparagus saladwith a light vinaigrette, which is best served when everything is still warm. And then you can serve the salad lukewarm, which tastes really delicious. Actually I’m a big fan of green asparagus, but the white asparagus tastes better in combination with potatoes. It probably reminds me of my childhood, when asparagus with potatoes and a light sauce Hollandaise was one of our favorite meals.
And here is the recipe for potato asparagus salad:
Light potato asparagus salad
- 500 gr (18 oz.) potatoes small
- 500 gr (18 oz.) asparagus or asparagus tips white or green
- 1 bunch of rocket salad
- 250 gr (9 oz.) cocktail tomatoes
- 1-2 spring onions
- 6 Tbsp balsamic vinegar white (or classical)
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp vegetable broth (dissolved)
- 1 Tsp maple syrup
- 1 Spritzer lemon
- fresh herbs chive, basil, oregano, thyme
- salt & pepper
- Wash the potatoes and cook them with shell until they are soft
- Peel the asparagus and cut them in pieces, roast them in a pan with a little olive oil until they are well done. Season them with some lemon juice and a pinch of sugar and salt
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters (depending on their size) and roast them golden in a pan with a little olive oil, season them with some salt and herbs if you like
- Wash the rocket salad, cut the tomatoes in half and cut the spring onions into slices
- Add all ingredients (but the herbs) into a jar and shake well
- Finely chop the herbs and add them
- Season with salt & pepper
- If asparagus is not available anymore you can add carrots, Avocado or fennel to the salad
The salad is a great side dish for everything from the grill. We had baked cauliflower in a cornflakes batter with it. I’ll share the recipe with you soon. But even as a main course it makes you feel full, because the potatoes provide you with energizing carbs. And if you don’t have or don’t like rocket salad, you can of course replace it with another green salad.
The salad can also be prepared in advance, filled in a glass and taken to the office/ school/university. Just add the vinaigrette right before eating it and you’ll have a delicious lunch.
What are your favorite summer salads? I also really like everything with melon, so I’ll share a recipe with you soon!
If you are on Pinterest you can find me here and you can pin this picture:
This post is also available in: DE