Hey Lovelies, yeah it's the weekend and that usually means one thing in our house: waffles or pancakes for breakfast. We love to take some more time for our breakfast on saturdays or sundays since the whole family is together and we can chat about our week and make plans for the weekend.
A pancake stack never lasts long here and when I want to take pictures, oh well, than I have to make sure I have some pancakes ready first to feed the crowd. I love adding chia seeds to my pancakes since it helps to make them fluffy and moist. So today I want to share a new recipe for these Vegan Chia Coconut Pancakes, with coconut milk and I added some coconut butter to the batter as well as some oats, to give them a bit more hearty touch.
For the girls I added some chocolate chips directly on the batter when the pancakes where in the pan already.
And since I found the most perfect figs this week, they have been the best addition to the pancake stack. I have a deep love affair with figs, in my opinion the sexiest fruits out there - I mean just look at them. And the taste - just divine. We also added some coconut blossom syrup to go with the pancakes.
- 1 cup flour I used half wheat/half spelt
- 2 Tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 2 Tbsp oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- vanilla extract
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and than add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Let rest for about 5-10 minutes, so the Chia seeds can soak.
- Heat a pan add some oil of your choice, I used coconut and bake the pancakes on medium heat.
- We also added some vegan chocolate chips to some of the pancakes.
- Enjoy with fresh fruits or maple syrup.
What is your favorite fruit to go with pancakes? Let me know and also if you try the recipe, would love your feedback!
Have a lovely weekend
This post is also available in: deutsch