So with the first Swiss strawberries we made these vegan berry muffins, that turned out really delicious and so moist. For some of the muffins we also used black- and blueberries – why decide when you can have all the berries. You can eat them as muffins or you can add a simple coconut whipped creme topping to fancy them up a bit and enjoy them as cupcakes!
- For the Muffins:
- 250 gr flour
- 150 gr raw cane or coconut sugar
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 150 ml plantbased milk
- 50 ml sparkling water
- 100 gr margarine
- 1 hand full of berries of your choice
- For the creme:
- 1 can coconut milk stored in the fridge overnight
- 150 ml soy creme that can be whipped
- 1-2 tsp fruit powder
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a mixing bowl or in your food processor mix the margarine, milk and water until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, line a muffin tin with muffin papers. Chop the berries and spoon them under the batter. Fill the muffin papers with batter and top with some additional berries. Bake for about 20-25 minutes and try with a wooden stick if the muffins are ready.
- Take the hardened part of the coconut creme and leave the liquid in the can. Beat with your mixer for 5-10 minutes then add the soy creme and beat again until fluffy. Add the fruit powder and sweetener if you like and mix until smooth.
This post is also available in: DE