Hello lovelies, we aren’t done with strawberry recipes yet, you just have to enjoy the season and therefore here are: berry cupcakes with chocolate frosting. I haven‘t posted a chocolate recipe in a while, so it was about time. The cupcakes with strawberries are nice and fluffy and you can also enjoy them as muffins. And if you like it a little more decadent, then you should add a delicious chocolate frosting.
As strawberry season will end soon, I also have an alternative for you. Make the cupcakes with cherries or raspberries, as they also fit very well. And cherries and chocolate, that’s the best combination anyway!
And now here is the recipe for berry cupcakes with chocolate frosting:
Berry cupcakes with chocolate frosting
- Baking oven
- Muffin tray
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) vegan butter/margarine soft
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) sugar or xylitol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) plant-based milk e.g. soy
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) sparkling water
- 250 gr (2 cups) flour e.g. spelt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 100 gr (3.5 oz.) strawberries, cherries or raspberries
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) vegan butter/margarine
- 150 gr (1 ¼ cup) powdered sugar
- 5 tsp cocoa unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add Butter/margarine, sugar & vanilla into a bowl and mix well until foamy
- Add milk and water and mix again
- Sieve in flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well
- Finely chop the berries and stir them in along with the apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) and put the dough into the 12 whole muffin trayn
- Optionally: Press 1 whole berry or chocolate ball into each muffin
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and let them cool off
- Mix butter and powdered sugar until creamy
- Stir in cocoa and vanilla
- Keep refrigerated until you use it for decoration – Use a piping bag to decorate the cupcakes with the frosting
The cupcakes are really fluffy and fruity due to the berry pieces. I have used less sugar on purpose, as the frosting is already sweet, but I think cupcakes are supposed to be sweet. If you only bake muffins without the frosting, then maybe you should use a little more sugar.
The berry cupcakes with chocolate frosting are great for a summer coffee, a summer birthday party or well chilled also great for a picnic. And if you want a little more decadence, then you can press a vegan truffle ball into the dough. That gives it a liquid chocolate core – so fine and a great surprise.
If you prefer cakes or muffins without frosting, no problem, you can already find some recipes on the blog. How about a delicious banana bread with strawberries, a quick red currant cake or a delicious strawberry galette, if you’re in a little hurry.
By the way, you should definitely go to the strawberry field again if you haven‘t been to one this year. There are still some open strawberry fields in many areas and there is nothing better in the summer as a filled belly (and bowl) with fresh strawberries.
If you have Pinterest you can find me here and feel free top in this picture:
This post is also available in: DE