Hello lovelies, a delicious and wholesome meal that only requires a baking tray and an oven? Here you are: Autumnal oven veggies with vegan feta. The oven does the work for you: Okay, you still have to cut the vegetables yourself. The oven veggies are prepared quickly and within 30 minutes there is a meal on the table that the whole family likes. On top it‘s full of healthy ingredients and the roasted aromas are simply delicious.
The tray with pumpkin, the first Brussels sprouts and potatoes is definitely a real autumn dream and the chickpeas provide additional proteins. The potatoes are filling and so you can perfectly serve the oven veggies as a main course. Of course, it‘s also suitable as a side dish and you can serve it with a salad for example.
And now here is the recipe for our autumnal oven veggies with vegan feta:
Autumnal oven veggies with vegan feta
- Baking oven
- 300-400 gr (10.5-14 oz.) small potatoes
- 1/4 (approx. 200 gr/7 oz.) pumpkin e.g. Hokkaido
- 3-4 carrots
- 150 gr (5 oz.) Brussels sprouts
- 1 raw beetroot
- 2 shallots
- 3 Tbsp chickpeas from a jar/can
- 200 gr vegan feta e.g. from Soyananda
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp paprika powder
- 1-2 pinches of pepper
- 3-4 twigs of fresh rosemary
- Zest 1/2 orange (organic) optional
- Put baking paper on a baking tray and preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F)
- Wash and cut the potatoes in quarters
- Slice the carrots in stripes, cut the Brussels sprout in halfs
- Peel the beetroot and cut it in pieces
- If necessary peel the pumpkin (you can eat Hokkaido with skin) and dice it
- Cut the shallots in stripes
- Put everything on the baking tray, rinse the chickpeas and add them as well
- Sprinkle the veggies with oil, maple syrup and herbs and mix well
- Add fresh rosemary and if you like orange zest on top
- Bake for 20 minutes and turn the veggies around after 10 minutes
- Crumble the feta with your hands and sprinkle it on top of the veggies
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes until everything turns slightly brown
- Serve with hummus, sauerkraut or other dips of your choice
I love those colorful plates with roasted vegetables and even if your family (or your guests :-)) don‘t like everything, they can pick out what they like. For example, one of my daughters mainly wanted to eat Brussels sprouts, while the other one preferred potatoes – I like everything anyway. We enjoy to eat the veggies with, for example, fresh sauerkraut and a delicious hummus, but also a herbal curd would be a good addition to the vegetables.
Of course you are also very free in the choice of vegetables. A good match are also e.g. cauliflower, fennel or parsnip. Take what you have available at home, or what you like most. The more colorful the better and the more nutrients the dish contains.
Fresh herbs are definitely a must for oven veggies. You can remove them after baking, the veggies will adopt the flavor. This time I used rosemary, but I also like thyme for these kind of dishes. Try the orange zest, because that gives the vegetables that certain something and a fresh aroma.
I hope the quick oven veggies are an inspiration for you and you will give it a try. I find these type of meals incredibly practical for after school/work, because you can prepare them so easily. And if you need more quick ideas, then have a look at my category “Quick recipes” vorbei.
If you have Pinterest, you can find me here and pin this pic if you like:
This post is also available in: DE