Hello lovelies, I hope you had a good January so far, maybe you even took part in Veganuary. Either way, I think we deserve something sweet to say goodbye to the first month of the new year: these delicious apple cinnamon muffins. Apple and cinnamon is definitely my favorite combination, it just fits together perfectly and tastes great as a compote, cake, with crepes or just in these muffins.
The muffins are made very quickly and have only a few ingredients. As a topping I used whipped vegan cream this time and mixed in a little apple cinnamon compote. The muffins also taste absolutely delicious without the cream.
And now here is the recipe for these easy apple cinnamon muffins:
Apple cinnamon muffins
- Baking oven
- Muffin pan
- 200 gr (7 oz. ) apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 juice of 1/2 lemon
- 300 gr ( 2 1/3 cups) flour e.g. spelt
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) coconut blossom sugar or a different kind of your choice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- optional: 1 pinch of cloves or nutmeg
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) vegan butter/margarine melted
- 200 ml (1 cup) sparkling water
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) plant-based milk e.g. oat, soy
- 1 EL apple cider vinegar
- Peel and cut the apples in small dices and mix them with cinnamon and lemon juice – place aside
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder & cinnamon)
- Melt the butter/margarine and let it cool off a little
- Mix with water, milk and apple cider vinegar and add it to the dry ingredients
- Mix it all well but not for too long
- Fold in the diced apples
- Add paper muffin liners into the muffin pan or alternatively grease the pan
- Bake the muffins at 180°C (356°F) for approx. 25 minutes
The muffins are great for a delicious Zvieri (this is what the afternoon snack here in Switzerland is called), but are also suitable for breakfast (with or without cream :-)) – or for the lunch box. My kids really like them, preferably even without the cream. They taste great with a cup of tea or coffee and are nice souvenirs for a brunch or a playdate.
As you can see in the picture, the muffins are really fluffy, even without the addition of eggs. The combination of baking powder, baking soda, mineral water and apple cider vinegar is important. Do not leave out any of these ingredients, otherwise they will not become so fluffy. It‘s important for muffins, or generally for vegan cakes and doughs, that you don’t stir them too long, otherwise there will be no air left in the dough. It‘s enough if you mix the ingredients well, even small lumps of flour are not bad.
I hope I made you feel like baking. Try these delicious apple cinnamon muffins. Or one of my other muffin recipes.
If you have Pinterest you can find me here and you can pin one of these pictures if you like:
This post is also available in: DE