Hello Lovelies, I wish it would be already common that you can get plant based milk in every restaurant, but it’s still not. So I better bring my own everywhere – I brought my homemade almond milk to a brunch at a friends house this week and a lot of people didn’t even know how easy it is to make your own nut milk. So I share my basic recipe here again:
- 150 gr almonds
- 1 liter of water
- You can add some vanilla, cinnamon, cacao, cardamom, 1-2 dates or other sweetener of your choice
- Soak the almonds overnight, rinse in cold water. you can use them peeled or unpeeled, as you prefer. To peel them more easily, just poor some hot water and let them rest in it for some minutes than peel.
- Blend on high speed (I used my @vitamix) for at least 1 minutes – filter through a nut milk bag
- I also made Cashew milk this week, which works the same way and which is super creamy.
- For the Chocolate one I added cacao powder and some cinnamon
- For the blueberry one I added just some blueberry powder